Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Stills - Architecture

This is nature's own Architecture, this is off the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland. My sister and I dubbed this the Mermaid's Chair. This is my favorite picture.
This is turrets off of Blarney Castle in Ireland.


Riding a double-decker bus in Dublin Ireland we kept passing all of these buildings and they all had flowers in the windows. It was very beautiful.


Ballyseede Castle in Ireland. We meet two of the most comical dogs here. They also said that this castle was haunted, but after much looking I never found her!


Most of the houses in Ireland are like this with the thatch roofs.




I had to throw this one in! It is from Disney World Florida.


Well this weeks challenge was architecture and I knew right away that I would look at the photos from our trip to Ireland last year! I also had to do Mickey's hat from Disney World.


17 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos!! I love the glimpses into Ireland! I also thought about doing nature's architecture...you captured it beautifully!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Ireland looks fantastic. Maybe one day......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those photos from Ireland...what a beautiful place. Maybe someday I'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! My dream vacation would be pony trekking across Ireland. Maybe someday...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Since I probably won't make it in person, I'm happy to bum along through your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah. . .that first one is the direction I wanted to take with my photos. Except that I SOMEHOW FORGOT that we lived in Ireland for six months, and I completely passed over those images. Sigh. Sleep-deprived. Love the view atop Blarney as I got a bad bit of vertigo and couldn't make it up there myself. The cliffs are amazing. Great shots, all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a diverse collection, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic series, love the Mermaids chair and the Blarney castle...did you kiss the blarney stone?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these pictures!! I have got to get to Ireland someday, it is gorgeous!!!

    Mine is up over at my photo blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the Mermaids chair! Well done:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the one with the flowers in the windows...it's a very European thing. Makes those beautiful buildings even more stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think all the pics are great but I must say I love Mother Nature's contribution.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to say I love mother natures architecture the best too. Great photos, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice photos. The cottage looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the beautiful tour! Awesome pictures. I love the flowers in the windows and the Mermaids Chair is fantastic~

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE your photos from Ireland -- nothing compares with the oh so old architecture in Europe, it's beautiful! My mom and sister have been to Ireland -- maybe someday I will get there too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful shots! I just loved the image of the building with all the lovely flowers...LOVE IT!!!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete