Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sunday Stills - The Rule of Thirds




Well I don't really know that I have this challenge down, but here is what I got. Let me know what you think!
Here's the blurb:
"Sunday Stills, the next challenge: Rule of thirds
As any good photographer can tell you the subject, unless macro should be in the top or bottom third of your viewfinder or the right or left third. so this weeks challenge is to use the rule of thirds. Any subject will do, just make sure it is either in the top or bottom or left or right of the picture.
Example: if shooting the sky have the horizon at the bottom of the pic, if shooting a horse pic have it off to the right or left with a pasture filling the screen. It just takes practice since we all tend to center the subject.
Have a great week…Ed"

15 comments:

  1. I think you did well. Like the last one and the capture of the frisbee in motion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I like that second photo of the canoe at the bottom of the photo. Well done!

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots and my fave is third one. Cute doggie too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jenny :D I think you did well with your photos. All the photos are perfectly aligned. Second and the last photo came off real good. I can see your temptation towards centering everything :) Thats natural..keep experimenting. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool shots from the kayak, glad ya did'nt drop your camera..:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the rule of thirds. I love the one of you son catching the Frisbee. I hope he caught it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job, enjoyed them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that first shot over the bow, no pun intended, is awesome. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's hard to not center every subject in a photo :) but you did good, like nivin said; keep experimenting

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like to be in the kayak and gently paddle down the river.

    Good photos according the rule.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Frisbee photo is wonderful, both for the challenge and for the moment it captures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the second photo..and the last one too! I think you did great:)

    ReplyDelete